Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Costs...

I just got a bill (the first of many, I am sure) for Mr. M's hospitalization.
It is over $22,000!
It is saying this service is "specifically EXCLUDED from our coverage". SERIOUSLY?!?!?!?
(By the way, we pay $850 per month, over $10,000 per year, to have this crappy plan - with Blue Shield of CA - with a $6ooo family deductible PLUS then we pay 20% of all charges up to an additional $4000. We PAID all that in Jan/Feb of this year because Mr. M had spine surgery... so this should be covered at 100%, which is why I was happy to allow him to go into the hospital... why not take advantage of the coverage we HAVE?)
There is NO REASON this should not be covered.
I am DYING.
But at least Mr. M is dry for right now and handling it for himself for now...

2 comments:

  1. Oy Vey. Maybe you can call the billing department and aske them to code it another way so it's covered. Come on, Blue Shield, you're ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth.
    Because Mr. M is sober for a few minutes right now, I told him about the bill and HE called. Today I got the new EOB saying they paid for this stay.
    1 down, 1 to go!

    ReplyDelete