Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Eve 2011

Today I was feeling kinda Bah-humbug.
Mr. M did what he wanted, slept in, meandered to his meeting when he felt like it and came over at 1:45.
I, on the other hand, got up and went to Big Lots for paper goods, grocery store for all ingredients for Christmas Eve, Christmas Brunch, Christmas dinner, and the engagement party on 12/26 (for Drummer & Sweetie), went to the craft store for a few more boxes, met a guy in a parking lot to pick up Girlie's letterman's jacket, came home and unloaded everything myself, and started wrapping gifts. I am taking care of the entire world while once again, Mr. M just takes care of himself and STILL manages to feel self-righteous about it!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR It makes me so mad. (Oh and by the way, this is all MY money too because Mr. M only takes care of his own needs with his money now too since he has his own rent and bills to run the business... so he REALLY just IS "all about him".)

In the meantime, Drummer & Sweetie had been fighting, Drummer was giving me serious push back about cleaning his room and bathroom when he is 21 and living here for free.
Bub says he can't go to church at 2:00 because of work at 3:30 (next door to each other!). I make him and he is 25 minutes late... completely disregarding me. Then he proceeds to come home from his 3 hour shift after 6.5 hours because they extended his shift. He made very little effort to communicate with us about it. I am taking away his iphone for 24 hours. YOU WOULD THINK I CUT OFF HIS FREAKING ARM the way he cried and fell on the ground!!!! Girlie had a couple of melt downs herself over Bub wearing her necklace and frustrating packages to wrap (having a daughter willing to help with this is DELIGHTFUL!). Meanwhile, Mr. M and I are not on speaking terms only doing the bare minimum 'business' conversation.

His dad comes over and brings gifts - all identical gifts for the girls; me, 16 year old Girlie, and 22 year old Mrs. Hacker, same shirt, same robe. *sigh* I guess its the thought that counts. We hang out with him and make polite conversation while trying to prepare for 17 guests.

Our evening was nice and our time sharing "thankfuls and hopefuls" was quite emotional for Sweetie's family who came. They lost their mom/wife to cancer last year at Christmas so this is the one-year-later Christmas and things are very tough and painful and Dad is already engaged to a new woman with an 11 year old (they are 21, 27, and 27). They have been grieving and suffering and fighting and struggling. There were tears and sharing and love. It was probably the sweetest part of the season so far, for me.

I am letting Mr. M sleep over in the other room so he can wake up here and be with the kids Christmas morning (which is unnecessary since the kids are old and we are doing gifts at 10AM now that they all want to sleep in!). If we were getting along, I would've let him sleep in bed, but I didn't even really want him to sleep over.

Oh well, tomorrow is a new day, right?

2 comments:

  1. I'm feeling the same way you are right now, I have the feeling...

    My husband and I are only speaking when necessary. We are spending minimal time together over the weekend. He's hiking with the little one and I have the big one and we're over at my parents. He'll come later with the little one, which works out better, but it's still sort of tragically sad. Bah-humbug over here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry Elizabeth.
    I really don't think it was meant to be this way.
    Am I fantasizing to believe that it really IS possible to have a peaceful life???

    ReplyDelete