Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Praying For the President

Pastor Rick Warren from Saddleback Church, CA offers the invocation prayer for President Obama at the 2009 inauguration.
Praise the Lord for sanity and godliness and righteousness on that dais this morning.



Sometimes I can surface occasionally from the self-centeredness of my obsession with myself and my pain, fear, and self-pity in an alcoholic marriage to pay attention to monumental things around me. the inauguration of our 44th President was certainly one of those!

And I REALLY don't mean to be catty (I really don't), but how nonsensical was this poem? Can you say "through the looking glass" anyone? As soon as I can get Rush Limbaugh's parody of this speech, I will post it... love him or hate him, it was HYSTERICAL!

No comments:

Post a Comment