Friday, August 1, 2008

Me #2 (Collecting Friends)

I think I collect & hoard friends the way I hoard stationary.
I LOVE friends.
I need them.
I care about them.
I want LOTS of them.
More than I probably need.
I get my feelings hurt when I am not included in something... even if it is something I don't even want to do.
I want people to like me and want me and need me and think I am fabulous and thoughtful and great... I want them to invite me
to do things and share their hearts with me and let me in to their innermost circle.
I am limited.
There is only one of me.
I only have so much to offer: I have a lot of kids who need me, a job, an alcoholic husband, and a life in mini-crisis almost all the time.



But I want to have them all in my life like a doll collection on a shelf so I can count them... like friends on myspace or facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment