Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Therapy Day (after) 2.25.08

Ahhh... I guess it's OK that my therapist cancelled for last week.   His wife had a baby, 4 weeks early...  So I'll let him slide, this time.  But no more babies for a while, OK Doc???  

Someone asked me if the baby was a boy or girl, if it was OK, and a few other questions.  I HAVE NO IDEA!  I am so self-absorbed and my session IS only an hour... and I'm not there to hear about him and his baby! Haha!... Seriously though, he does not talk about himself in my sessions, I always feel like I am trying to avoid doing hard work if I want to talk about him... but now I am questioning that and feeling like a HORRIBLE "friend" (because he tells me our relationship is "real"... and yet, if it was really "real", wouldn't it be more mutual? and couldn't it last longer than an hour? and mightn't we call each other during the week? and would he really charge me money?).  Wacky!

I spent almost my whole session theorizing and mind-tweaking on why I had decided to get a divorce and then changed my mind.  I was in my head and avoiding my heart almost my whole session.  Normally, it is my Hour O'Weeping, but this week, the water works did not start until the last 10 minutes.  It amuses me terribly that all I do is cry the whole time in therapy... he probably thinks "Wow, this girl's a crier!"... but if he knew me in "real life" (or actually "fake life", cuz I think therapy might be REAL LIFE!), I NEVER (or rarely) cry.  I am trying to get better about this, but it is slow in coming.

Remind me to write about the "Empty Well".



No comments:

Post a Comment