Wednesday, February 20, 2008

T-I-Double Guh -Er

I want to be a "Tigger" not an "Eeyore".
Typically, in my adult life, I've been a Tigger. I mean, I'd say I am pretty bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy, fun, fun, fun, fun, FUN!

But in the last few years as a wife in an alcoholic marriage, I don't even recognize myself.
This marriage and the madness of Mr. M (no... I can't blame him... I am responsible for me... it's not HIS fault that I let him - and his adoration for alcohol - kill my soul) has turned me into an Eeyore.
Eeyore lives in the Southeast corner of Hundred Acre Wood in a spot called "Eeyore's Gloomy Place" and his favorite food is thistles. Yikes! That sounds like me. I live in My Gloomy Place where I like to feast on prickly things like the root of bitterness and self -pity... yummy!
I'm quite sure Eeyore wouldn't even approve of blogging because he once said "This writing business. Pencils and what-not. Over-rated, if you ask me. Silly stuff. Nothing in it."
Some of this is brokenheartitis and some of it is a CHOICE. I have been choosing Eeyore but I prefer to choose Tigger.

While I have heard this illustration before, the BEST place I've heard it is as part of Randy Paush's reprised talk on Oprah (which is 10 minutes, or you can listen to the long 76 minute version you can find on the internet too with a little searching).

No comments:

Post a Comment