Monday, April 2, 2012

Non-Eventful... I'll TAKE it!

Mr M has been back at home since his surgery so I have less time to be on the computer - to blog and READ blogs.
Also, as is my pattern (as Karen C noticed), when things are going adequately, I don't "need" it as much and go kinda dark... so I guess that is a good thing...

We have also been in the throes of the COLLEGE ADMISSIONS process.
Bub applied to 10+ colleges and all the acceptances are coming in with the various aid packages (or lack thereof). So now they are all in and he has to decide WHERE he will choose.
His top 2 choices are on the east coast - all the way across the country!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!
Mama likes all her chicks in (or near) the nest!!!
But Bub has ALWAYS been the one to want to fly the coop and soar on to experience all the wonders of the world!
He is CERTAIN he won't be homesick or miss us. He may not! :)

On the plus side, it WOULD be fun to visit him in the big apple!!! I could kinda enjoy that!

Everything over here has been kind of non-eventful. I am lovin' it! In my old age - 42 - I LOVE LOVE LOVE non-eventful!!!! I will TAKE it ;)

xo

3 comments:

  1. Glad things are quiet there. College! What an exciting time for him! Sigh...good times. How wonderful to have it all in front of him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine how hard it must be to send a child away and fortunately, my sons have all been able to study and live at home. I often joke about how nice it will be to have the house quiet, organised and clean one day, but I know I will loathe it when it happens.
    But for you, quiet is a good sign. I'm glad.
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard and sad and exciting and I am so proud of him, all at the same time!
    Bub is a wonderful kid (man?!) and I am going to miss him terribly. And I can project out all sort of fears;
    he is going to get a job in NYC
    He'll meet a girl from another state and marry her and live far away forever
    He will change all his morals and believe stuff that is contrary to everything we've tried to teach him etc. etc. Hahaha!

    Yet, this is the fulfillment of everything he has worked toward for the last 6 years (he has been SUPER purposeful since 7th grade - and even before). This is his DREAM school and he got a TON of money, making it semi-affordable. We are CELEBRATING with and for him!!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete