Sunday, April 11, 2010

Normal Bodies

I should've been alive in the early 1600's. Peter Paul Ruben would've LOVED me! I have the perfect Rubenesque figure. In fact, I might actually be a little too slim for him to have considered me model worthy.

I was born in the wrong era.

1600's



1940's and 1950's


Today

Today, we have to have special campaigns to give us permission to love our bodies and to be curvy. We call normal size models "plus size" models. (Why can't they just be called "models" while super skinny models can be called "minus size" or something?)

I mean, I love antibiotics, orthodontia, automobiles, technology (phones, internet, computers), and other little luxuries like refrigeration and indoor plumbing, but couldn't we have had all those things and loved curves at the same time?


No comments:

Post a Comment